Now hiring Ready Mix Concrete Drivers!
Sequatchie Concrete Service, Inc, an established concrete company, is seeking Ready Mix Concrete Drivers . The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of concrete to our customer’s satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintains the highest standard of quality and safety in all aspects of the job.
- As a driver/operator you will operate an ready mix truck in the timely transportation of ready mix concrete to and from destinations.
- Load, unload and secure as needed.
- Maintain contact with dispatch for scheduling changes.
- When a driver returns from a delivery, he/she should wash down the truck to clean off excess concrete on the truck or in the barrel. Washing requires using a hose and climbing on the truck approximately 10 times per day.
- Prepare, receive and provide appropriate documentation.
- Maintain good vehicle appearance.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires the ability to lift 50 – 100 pounds, several times per day.
- Typical days are Monday through Friday with some Saturday work. Over time may be required during peak season.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and posses the following:
- If you are a person that takes pride in your work, presents a positive image, and has a strong work ethic, then we welcome you to become part of our team.
- Must possess a valid CDL License.
- Must have a clean criminal and MVR background.
- Must pass a DOT Physical and drug screen.
Details of Physical Activity
- While performing the duties of this job, a driver is regularly required to use hands, handle, feel or operate objects, equipment, tools or controls; perform repetitive movements with hands, wrists or feet; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand; talk or hear; sit; climb (up and down the truck several times per day) or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and drive a vehicle.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Specific hearing requirements include but are not limited to the ability to hear phone conversations, in-person conversations, signal warnings while operating and/or working around moving equipment; and the ability to differentiate operating equipment sounds.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 – 100 pounds.
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
If you would like to apply, click on the two links below, print, and fill out the forms. Return the completed application to a location near you. You may also fax or email to the Human Resource Department at the corporate office in South Pittsburg, TN.
Fax: (423) 388-4777